Smriti tagged 'baby elephant' by bro!


Smriti Kalra aka Simi Sethi of Zee’s 12/ 24 Karol Bagh earns a nickname from her brother, thanks to the character she portrays!


Smriti Kalra has never had any weight issues. But she sportingly put on weight when her role as Simi Sethi in Zee TV's 12/24 Karol Bagh demanded it. But this gave a very good opportunity for Smriti's naughty brother Amrish to tease her with the nickname- Baby elephant!

Says Smriti, "After I put on weight for the show, my younger brother teases me around the house and keeps calling me baby elephant. But that's the way he is (laughs)."

The actress is enjoying tipping the scale a bit. She says, "I like this feeling of being 'pleasantly plump'. I'm glad I'm doing a role which allows me to eat my favorite blueberry cheese cake!" However she is quick to add, "If a role demands me to be skinny like the ramp models I would definitely do that too!"

Talking about what she would have done if she were in Simi's place who literally gets refused by every suitable groom just because of her weight, she says, "If I were truly 28, and guys were rejecting me because of my weight, what would I do?! I wouldn't have given a damn! Who cares? Nowadays 28 and single is no big deal!" 

Smriti just won't stop at that. She goes on to say, "Further if someone would have told me on my face that they were leaving me for being a bit obese, I would have given one tight slap and taught the person a lesson!"

Now that's like a true Indian girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment