'I'm not here to show my talent'


Besides being a good actor, Prabhu Deva has already proved his phenominal dancing skills. He has also proved his great directorial skills in his Tamil film Pokkiri -- remake of the Telugu film directed by Puri Jagannadh -- has become a huge blockbuster.

Now, he's set to prove that he can direct well in Hindi too. Pokkiri -- remade as Wanted -- releases this Friday. It stars Salman Khan, Ayesha Takia and National Award winner Prakash Raj.

Prabhu Deva chats about his experience of directing a Bollywood film, making Salman dance and much more.

How did Wanted happen?

Boney Kapoor wanted to make a film with me for the past four years. But we didn't know what to work on. The first thought that came to our minds was a romantic film with Salmanbhai. 

Once Pokkiri was released, Boney showed the film to Salman. He loved it and that's how Wanted happened.

Did you always think of Salman in the cast?

It was Boney sir's idea. He wanted to do a film with Salman. I consider it an honour to work with Salmanbhai. 

Why did you want to remake Pokkiri?

Remaking a film has advantages and disadvantages. The advantage is that we know the film. It was a blockbuster down south, so there is a comfort level. 

But creating the same magic is difficult. Only after Wanted releases will we know if this recreation of magic has worked. 

I am not here to show my talent. I want to entertain people. Be it a straight film or a remake, I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment